Backstage News Regarding Speculation About Nigel McGuinness’ Injury

Backstage News Regarding Speculation About Nigel McGuinness’ Injury
Nigel McGuinness’ reported injury may be part of the storyline surrounding the AEW Continental Challenge Cup. As previously reported, McGuinness was said to have suffered an injury during his first-round tournament match on last week’s episode of AEW Collision. While he has continued competing in the tournament, the injury reportedly prevents him from challenging for the ROH Pure Championship at tonight’s Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view. However, Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer indicated on Wrestling Observer Radio at F4WOnline.com that McGuinness is not legitimately injured. While discussing McGuinness’ victory over Hechicero on Wednesday’s Dynamite, Alvarez noted that McGuinness simply had tape around his boot and pointed to Hechicero attempting to remove it during the match as an indication that the injury was part of the storyline. Meltzer also said it was clear that McGuinness was not actually injured. The comments are notable because Meltzer had previously reported that McGuinness’ injury was legitimate. Based on the latest update, however, the injury angle appears to be storyline-related rather than something that is legitimately keeping McGuinness out of action. “You never know how life is gonna turn out.” Plans have changed for @McGuinnessNigel, who has not been medically cleared to face Lee Moriarty tomorrow night at #ROHDBD. Watch #ROH Duel to the Death Before Dishonor on #HonorClub at https://t.co/l79CE3gZbz pic.twitter.com/CitzIOMBDd — ROH – Ring of Honor Wrestling (@ringofhonor) August 21, 2026 The post Backstage News Regarding Speculation About Nigel McGuinness’ Injury appeared first on Wrestling Headlines.

Take Your Experience to the Next Level

New

Download our mobile app for a faster and better experience.

Comments

0
U

Join the discussion

Sign in to leave a comment

0:000:00